Search Engine Optimisation can make a big difference to your bottom line, but as I’ve mentioned on my SEO Plans page, it isn’t rocket science. Some of it can be quite technical or labour intensive, but with expert SEO advice, a bit of DIY can make useful progress on the basics.
The trouble is, there are a lot of factors affecting your site’s search positioning, so even expert SEO advice will vary from one site to another. So, you need the right tools to identify which bits need work in your case.
That’s where my new SEO Audit Tool comes in. Think of it as your own automated SEO expert. Give it a page URL to scan, and within a few seconds, you’ll have a nice report showing you what you need to work on. You can even download that report as a PDF for easy reference if you like.
What does this expert SEO advice cover?
Quite a lot, in fact — and all in an easy-to-read format, starting with an overall score and the number of outstanding issues. Then, the rest of the report is broken down into the following sections:
- On-Page SEO — If you have a site that you can edit, fixing these “on-page” SEO elements can be an easy DIY win.
- Responsiveness — How mobile-friendly is your website? Responsive Web Design (“RWD”) reformats web pages to match different screen sizes.
- PageSpeed — Visitors don’t wait for slow websites. Google’s “PageSpeed” service measures that and factors it into your site’s search positioning, so it’s worth reviewing.
- Links — Your site’s link structure can help or hinder visitors and search engines alike. This quick tool helps to check that.
- Misc — A few technical details that may have an impact on your site’s search positioning
Great SEO starts with getting the basics right
Many other factors affect search positioning. Notably, backlinks from other quality sites are vital, but even Google struggles to find those as fast as you might expect. Readability and phrasing can make a difference too, as well as the more technical aspects of your site. The more active your competition is, the more these things will matter.
Still, many web pages are put together without a thought for any of this. So, this quick tool focuses on helping you get the basics right, to give you a head start. If you need more extensive SEO help, please check out my SEO Plans.