Affordable Web Design For Small Businesses
Want to get your small business online easily and cost-effectively? These simple site packages can help! Whilst websites vary a lot, there are a few popular base types of small business website:
- Static websites have a fixed number of non-editable pages
- CMS websites offer an unlimited number of editable pages
- Ecommerce websites add shopping features to an editable site
You probably already know which you need, and why. Your customers are online, and prefer to buy from firms with a professional web presence. Anything less will cost you more in lost sales than investing in professional web design.
Designing business websites is not like setting up personal sites. Looks alone won’t bring success, so common pitfalls, uncertain planning and poor advice waste a lot of time and money, often before people even call an experienced web designer. So let’s not waste any more of your valuable time.
Simple Website Building Process
First, if you aren’t sure what you need, book a FREE CONSULTATION, or just call me. With decades of experience in business web design and mentoring startups, I can help you avoid the pitfalls. Then, when you’re ready to proceed:
- Pick one of the base packages below — or if you need something more advanced, ask me about Professional Websites.
- I’ll guide you through providing the details your site needs. I can also provide logo design and copy writing services if you need help with those.
- You’ll be able to review your new website before go-live and request changes if needed.
Web Design Packages
Static SiteBasic web presence
- Website design*
- Up to 6 pages
- Contact form
- Mobile-friendly “responsive” design
- Search engine friendly coding
- Stock images (if needed)
- Hosting & (optional) email
- SSL security
- Weekly backups
- Domain registration & renewals (optional)
- SEO sitemap creation & submission
- £15/mo off my Support Plan
- 10% off my SEO Plans
- Site stats
- * Site structure & template customisation. Full bespoke design available here.
CMS SiteSerious online marketing
- Everything in the Static Site package
- Unlimited pages
- Easily add and edit new pages
- Manage navigation menus
- Automatic SEO/page quality checker
- Basic CMS training (if needed)
- Blog/News Page (optional)
- Enhanced site security
- Security updates
- Daily backups
- CDN to boost site speed, security & SEO
- Basic web firewall
Basic EcommerceOnline sales
- Everything in the CMS Site package
- Shopping cart
- Unlimited categorised products
- Automatic tax calculations
- Discount coupons
- No platform transaction fees
- Basic ecommerce training (if needed)
Keeping Website Design Affordable
Standard types of small business website don’t need to reinvent the wheel. So these packages use common components to save a lot of time and keep simple site prices affordable and predictable. Whilst bespoke design and coding can add a lot of value, those premium web design and development services take far more time. So please see my Professional Websites page if you want the benefits of an in-depth design process. If you’re unsure though, please ask.
Accelerated Launch: A Small Business SEO Boost
One of the best ways to achieve affordable web design is to make sure customers can find your new site! That’s not as automatic as most people think.
Now to be clear, all these small business web design packages include key SEO elements. That includes notifying the search engines at launch.
However, even then, Bing often won’t list sites at all until at least one other website links to them. Google, meanwhile, may give you a decent rank for your own business name — but that only helps folks find you if they already know your name.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is tricky, but without it, you’ll need to constantly pay for ads to deliver visitors. That can soon get expensive — and addictive if you don’t get much unpaid “organic” website traffic.
SEO delivers that free organic traffic, but it takes time. So it’s crucial to start on it as soon as possible. Getting listed in online directories and building that initial backlink soon after launch makes a big difference.
If that sounds helpful, choose the “Accelerated Launch” option after checkout.
Single Page Websites
If you’re just looking for cheap web design to get your small business online, a one page website may be the answer. With a domain, email and a contact form, it can give you a basic web presence to list on your advertising.
For transparency, single page websites rarely do well in search engines without the kind of off-site SEO provided by my small business SEO packages. Still, a one page site can help you to collect leads and look more professional online.
Interested? Select a “Static Site” and use the code “ONEPAGE” for £200 off the setup fee.