Affordable Web Design For Small Businesses
Want to get your small business online easily and cost-effectively? These simple site packages can help! Websites vary a lot — but there are a few popular base types:
- Static websites have a fixed number of non-editable pages
- CMS websites offer an unlimited number of editable pages
- Ecommerce websites add shopping features to an editable site
You probably already know which of those you need, and why. Your customers are online, and prefer to buy from firms with a professional web presence. Anything less than your own domain name and website will cost you more in lost sales than investing in a website would.
You may even have tried building a website yourself and learned that it isn’t as easy as it looks. So let’s not waste any more of your valuable time — here’s how this works:
Simple Website Building Process
Discount codes valid until July 1st 2020:
- COVID20SITE for 20% off setup and first month of hosting
- ONEPAGE (static site only) for FREE ONE-PAGE site setup (see below)
- Buy one of the base packages below, and I’ll get in touch to discuss your requirements. If you’d prefer to have a chat first, please get in touch.
- Normally, you’ll need to provide a logo, plus at least 500 words and an image for each page — or I can help with those. Logo design starts at £150, copy writing at £90 per page.
- Some sites may need further discussion during development
- You’ll be able to review your new website before go-live and request changes if needed.
Pro Tip: If you still need to think about this, don’t delay — call me. The secret to success is getting started, but a new site can feel like a big commitment. So whether you need more info, planning advice, or just reassurance, I’m here to help.
Web Design Packages
Static SiteBasic web presence
- Website design*
- Up to 10 pages
- Contact form
- Mobile-friendly “responsive” design
- Search engine friendly coding
- Stock images (if needed)
- Hosting & email
- SSL security
- Weekly backups
- Domain registration & renewals (optional)
- SEO sitemap creation & submission
- £10/mo off my Support Plan
- 10% off my SEO Plans
- Site stats Sale price:
£600£480 + £35/mo.
- * Site structure & template customisation. Full bespoke design available here.
CMS SiteSerious online marketing
- Everything in the Static Site package
- Unlimited pages
- Easily add and edit new pages
- Manage navigation menus
- Automatic SEO/page quality checker
- Basic CMS training (if needed)
- Blog/News Page (optional)
- Enhanced site security
- Security updates
- Daily backups
- CDN to boost site speed, security & SEO
- Basic web firewallSale price:
£900£720 + £65/mo.
Basic EcommerceOnline sales
- Everything in the CMS Site package
- Simple shopping cart (up to 100 products*)
- Automatic tax calculations
- Discount coupons
- No platform transaction fees**
- Basic ecommerce training (if needed) Sale price:
£1200£960 + £85/mo.
- * Unlimited products upgrade available
- ** Payment gateway fees still apply
Keeping Website Design Affordable
Standard website types don’t need to reinvent the wheel. So these packages use common components to save a lot of time and keep things affordable. Whilst bespoke design and coding can add a lot of value, they take far more time. So please see my Professional Websites page if you want the benefits of an in-depth design process. If you’re unsure though, please ask.
Accelerated Launch: A Small Business SEO Boost
One of the best ways to achieve affordable web design is to make sure customers can find your new site! That’s not as automatic as most people think.
Now to be clear, all these small business web design packages include key SEO elements. That includes notifying the search engines at launch.
However, even then, Bing often won’t list sites at all until at least one other website links to them. Google, meanwhile, may give you a decent rank for your own business name — but that only helps folks find you if they already know your name.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is tricky, but without it, you’ll need to constantly pay for ads to deliver visitors. That can soon get expensive — and addictive if you don’t get much unpaid “organic” website traffic.
SEO delivers that free organic traffic, but it takes time. So it’s crucial to start on it as soon as possible. Getting listed in online directories and building that initial backlink soon after launch makes a big difference.
If that sounds helpful, choose the “Accelerated Launch” option after checkout.
Single Page Websites
Looking for the most affordable way to get your small business online? A one page website may be the answer. With a domain, email and a contact form, it can give you a basic web presence to list on your advertising. For transparency, with limited text content, it isn’t likely to do well in search engines. Still, it can help you to collect leads and look more professional online.
Interested? Select a “Static Site” and use the code “ONEPAGE” for
50% off the setup fee. UPDATE: Until July 1st 2020, you’ll get 100% off the setup fee.