Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Boost brand awareness from £4 a day
Social media marketing boosts sales. Regular social media posts build brand awareness, gain followers, help new clients to find you — and can boost SEO, too!
People buy from those they know, like and trust. Yet no-one likes or trusts channels full of ads. So effective social media marketing drip-feeds posts that inform and entertain to build branding and engagement.
Finding hours each day to keep social media channels active can be hard for small businesses, though. That’s why many small businesses in the UK need a little social media marketing help.
So, would you like to outsource your social media marketing from just £4 a day?
Save Time On Your Social Media Marketing
My managed social media marketing services let you focus on your work — or your work-life balance — without neglecting your marketing. So you can relax, knowing your followers will see the frequent updates they expect. Here’s what you get:
2 daily posts
5 weekly image posts
Great for B2C
3 – 4 daily tweets
5 weekly image tweets
Grows brand awareness
2 daily updates*
5 weekly image posts*
Best for B2B
* Personal pages only
How many channels do you need help with?
Grow Your Instagram Following!
Instagram wants you to share viral images from your phone. The Social Media Dashboard helps you create those images, so the “Instagram” service helps you grow your Instagram followers. Here’s how:
- You identify 10 ‘target’ feeds with a target audience similar to yours
- We track their followers, occasionally ‘liking’ selected photos that they post (saving you hours of work!)
- The ‘likes’ prompt those people to check your feed out
So more of your target audience will see your awesome images — and then how could they resist following you, right?
FREE Social Media Dashboard
Paid plans also get my Pro Social Media Dashboard, worth £150 per year, for free:
- Research, create and schedule posts for multiple social media platforms — all in one place!
- Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Create viral image posts and memes with the built-in image editor and huge photo library
- Access social media training resources to help you set up your social channels and boost your business
- Research trending hashtags to make your posts more visible
FAQs for Managed Social Media Marketing
What are the benefits of social media marketing?
Social media marketing has gone from being a “business option” to being a “business essential”, as its benefits include:
- Finding Customers: Your potential customers are on social media. So they expect businesses to be there, too.
- Building Trust: Being active on social media shows you’re “open for business”, boosting your website conversion rates. So regular social media posts reassure your audience that they’ll get prompt replies to their enquiries.
- Exposure & Branding: Traditionally, prospects usually see an advert seven times before taking action. Social media marketing lets you achieve that without seeming pushy. So it’s a great way to raise awareness and interest in your brand.
- Beating Competitors: Many small businesses still struggle with social media marketing. So this is your chance to get ahead — or at least to avoid getting left behind!
- Growing your Market: More followers means more social media marketing power. So using relevant hashtags can get your brand into the right conversations. That can build a loyal following that you can market to at any time, at no extra cost! Also, the more followers you have, the more others will want to join in.
- Boosting your Authority: People see a busy social network with relevant hints and tips as an authority. This increases credibility and boosts your sales conversion rates.
- SEO: Google sees active social media channels as positive ranking signals that help to push your website up the rankings.
- Website Traffic: Targeting the right hashtags drives traffic to your website. As you gain followers, increased brand exposure and better search positioning bring more traffic from Google too. Facebook Pages and Twitter feeds can also appear in Google’s search results.
Does Social Media Marketing help local businesses?
Yes, social media marketing can be a very powerful tool both for small businesses and those that serve a specific location. Why? Partly because that’s where your customers are — and social media users are always looking for recommendations for local services. The more often you can drop helpful, non-salesy posts in front of them, the more they are likely to think of you when they need you.
Also, social media chanels learn a lot about their users including our location. Some of them can even tell if we live in Bristol but take a day trip to Cardiff. They use that data to tailor who gets to see which posts and ads. So if you’re a local business trying to reach customers in your local area, you need a regular presence on social media.
Why do I need this? Couldn’t I do it myself?
Sure, if you have the time and inclination. Still, time is money and you can never get wasted time back. So DIY actually costs you more.
Keeping your social media feed active takes a lot of dedication. Without the right tools, social media marketing can mean logging in to post several times a day. Building your social channels and growing your social network takes time and patience.
Social media evolves quickly, too — and there’s a fair bit of jargon. My team has been providing social media content for small businesses since 2013. We keep up with trends and understand hashtags, memes and mash-ups so you don’t have to.
I tried doing this myself — why didn’t it work for me?
Well, the most common mistake in small business social media marketing is ignoring the two key words — “social” and “marketing”.
People rarely use social media specifically to view ads and buy stuff. They go there to socialise, and they buy from people they know, like and trust. So marketing is not the same as sales. Marketing is about letting your audience get to know, like and trust you, and generating the interest that leads to sales.
Publishing a channel full of ads and nothing else is not sociable, and it is more about sales than marketing. Yet that’s exactly what most small businesses do — and see predictably poor results. Then they complain that social media marketing hasn’t worked for them, but the truth is that they were selling, not social marketing.
Of course, it can be hard to find time for marketing when what you want to be doing is selling. That’s what these social media marketing packages are for. We do the marketing that makes your sales pitches seem more acceptable to social media audiences.
What sort of thing will you post to my social media channels?
My team will profile your business to ensure we stay on-brand. So we’ll publish a great mix of posts to promote you on social media. The key word here is “social”. So we keep it entertaining (when appropriate) whilst promoting your brand. We’ll also research and post facts, tips and trivia about your industry.
We’re based in the UK, so your posts will be written by a native English speaker. Then they will be scheduled in the dashboard a week ahead of publication. So, you’ll be able to check everything before it goes out and edit it if you want.
We’ll also post suitable images occasionally. This keeps your pages looking good and encourages viral marketing, as images get shared and re-shared more often than text posts. So it helps if you can provide images for us to use. However, if you can’t, we’ll provide royalty free stock photos that complement your business.
We normally post 5 days a week, as that’s ideal for most small business social media marketing purposes. However, those can be any days of the week — and if you need us to post every day, that can be arranged too.
Can I still post to my social media?
Absolutely! We’ll be handling the day-to-day content, but you can still provide your unique input and business-specific news. After all, you’re the expert in your own field. So please post your own content as often as you like.
With these managed Social Media Marketing services keeping your brand channels alive, you can relax. So, you’ll only need to post when you have special news or promotions, or in response to enquiries.
Can you help with running Facebook ads?
Yes, through my flexible “SEO Plus” digital marketing plans — which offer far more than just small business SEO.
Who manages audience interactions?
You do — because that’s actually vital for your business!
Small business owners often want to outsource social media marketing completely. Whilst that’s understandable, you need to build personal relationships with your audience and get direct feedback from them.
Those interactions can shift very quickly from social media marketing (interest-generating) activities to sales activities. So you need to be in control of that transition. Outsourcing sales activities to a social media specialist requires a highly bespoke service, and a much bigger budget.
These are basic social media marketing packages for small businesses in the UK*. So they aim to help with brand-building, boosting engagement and SEO. They also create more and better opportunities for you to interact with, and advertise to, potential customers.
* Still, we can work internationally if needed. For clarity, we write social medai posts for English-speaking audiences, but can schedule them for any time zone, Also, clients often prefer local social media management services, and I’m based in Newport, South Wales (Casnewydd). So Cardiff or Bristol are very local, as are most of South Wales and the Southwest.
Can I still use other social media marketing tools?
Most other multi-channel social media tools limit features like scheduling, and can be quite costly. Still, if you already have data stored in them, there’s no need to drop them. My free Social Media Dashboard will still let you check the posts we schedule for you. It will also help you to schedule your own posts, research and share more articles, and create viral social media images.
How will customers find me?
Social media marketing is online word-of-mouth marketing (i.e. networking). Contributing to conversations builds your reputation, but getting started can be daunting. How do you find the right conversations? How will customers find yours?
Luckily, unlike offline networks, social media channels offer search facilities. So just having a presence on these networks gives potential customers another way to find you. However, people often seek conversations about topics, rather than people. That’s why Twitter invented hashtags.
What are hashtags and hashtag marketing?
You probably already what hashtags look like. They start with a “#” sign (aka “hash”, “pound” or “sharp”) and contain only letters or numbers. Still, what are they, and why are they important in social media marketing?
Hashtags are simplified keywords for social media search engines. Normal search engines prefer to see SEO keywords used in natural language sentences on your web pages. However, social media moves too fast for that, so topic keywords need to stand out.
Trending hashtags get a lot of traffic, so hashtag marketing can be very effective. Also, large brands often listen for and repost hashtags about their products and services.
So the biggest hashtag mistake is forgetting to use them. Another is using a tag that seems intuitive, but that’s just a few letters off one that’s already trending. My social media dashboard can help you avoid that, though. It lets you research popular hashtags relating to your posts before you publish them.
Promoters also often ask followers to talk about special events with a specific hashtag, before, during and after the event. Local hashtags like #Cardiff or #Bristol can help to focus your social media marketing on local markets, too.
Will I still need a website? Is a Facebook Page enough?
Yes, you will still need a website, and no, a Facebook Page will not be enough. Customers prefer to buy from businesses that seem more professional and trustworthy. They know Facebook Pages are free and easy for any amateur to set up, so those add no credibility on their own.
Social media sites are channels for directing traffic to a professional web presence. Even a simple site tells your customers that you have enough confidence in your own business to have invested in it. That builds trust, and trust builds sales.
Are you a social media agency?
Not just a social media agency, no. I’ve been helping UK firms grow online since 1997, and set up Netcentrics.co.uk to better serve small businesses. So I offer many other digital marketing services too, from web design to SEO and video marketing. Being based in Newport, South Wales, I’m a local social media marketing agency if you’re near Cardiff and Bristol. Otherwise, I work remotely anyway, so these small business social media marketing packages can help wherever you are.