Wales is entering another COVID-19 lockdown (as of October 23rd). Folks found this post helpful back in March, so I’m updating it with some new offers.
As small business owners in these difficult times, we need to remember:
- Adaptability is the small business advantage.
- Negativity undermines creativity and planning.
- Our families and teams need to see confidence, not fear.
- Stress undermines the immune system. Breathe, and calm.
- Mutual support, determination and flexibility will win.
- No entrepreneur survives without being able to see hope in adversity. Silver linings may be a razor’s edge at times, but that’s where we find the silver.
Business Reality Check
Many UK firms panicked at the first lockdown, fretting about remote working and scaling back on expenses.… Read the rest
Social media marketing doesn’t get much simpler.
Get your FREE Social Media Dashboard!
So Newport is back in lockdown, and Cardiff and Bristol may soon follow. Whatever happens, with everyone now online, this autumn’s marketing season will be more competitive than ever, and there’s no time to waste in getting started. So this seems a good time to mention that I offer a FREE social media dashboard to save tons of time with your social media marketing.
Social media marketing doesn’t get any easier. This dashboard helps you to create, schedule and re-use posts across the main social media channels, with a simple calendar interface. Just create a few days’ worth of posts whenever you have time, and set them for when your audience are online.… Read the rest
The coronavirus outbreak means many people are suddenly remote working for the first time, and quite a few are already struggling psychologically. I’ve been doing it for over fifteen years. So here are my five top tips for working from home:
… Read the rest
- Routines help. Make sure you change them on the weekend, though. Otherwise you’ll soon stop noticing that weekends exist. Build in some flexibility too, if possible. Work with the needs of your household, not against them.
- Stop telling yourself, “It’s only for three weeks” (or whatever the expected duration is in your region). It may be, but it may be longer. This is your new normal. Accept that, or however long it ends up being, it will seem a lot longer. Also, if it turns out to be longer, you’ll be more stressed about that.